The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for establishing the process, methods, and toolset for the group’s software quality control program. This includes working in a software team environment developing and executing on a strategy to ensure Rhinogram’s product meets all internal and external requirements before reaching customers. The Senior QA Engineer will collaborate with one other QA engineer to develop and execute manual and automated tests appropriate to our product.
We want to talk if this is you:
- Be a thought leader for the software Quality Assurance program by collaborating with product teams to understand business requirements and project goals, identify appropriate automated testing solutions, manage work intake, prioritization, communication, and delivery.
- Work with Product Manager to develop project schedules and resource allocation models for QA related projects
- Develop high level test strategies based on feature design that includes the strategies for both automated testing (incorporating component, functional, negative, security, regression, and end-to-end testing) and manual exploratory testing
- Manage the triage, prioritization, resolution, automation, and delivery of fixes for defects, including production defects
- Lead the planning and execution of product testing efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates.
- Lead the effort to establish a KPI practice to measure effectiveness of the development organization including specific measures for the QA team
- Define and evangelize test best practices and designs
- Build credibility, authority and trust. Promote transparency.
- Raise red flags and facilitate dialogue that transforms “issues” into actionable plans, when the critical deliverables are at risk of impacting a given sprint, or the overall timeline commitment
We’re impressed if this bonus material is you too:
- 5+ years of IT delivery experience, including expertise with automation testing
- 3+ years experience with hands-on experience with creating test scripts
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Exposure to Enzyme, Cucumber, Selenium
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software testing solutions and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Understanding of relational databases and writing SQL queries
- Knowledge of and experience with user interface design patterns, visual design elements, web technologies, and development methodologies
- Ability to manage changing priorities in a fast paced environment, help the organization pivot when necessary and propose and manage process improvement opportunities.
Rhinogram is a web app that provides secure healthcare communications. Our technology stack is React+Redux, with node.js on the backend, a MySQL datastore, hosted on AWS.